Thursday, September 2, 2010

Vegetarian here we Come!

And now for my second trick, Black Bean Chili!  This was by far, the best chili I've ever done, and easiest. When I was making it, I didn't even discover that I was putting everything in one dish, which is awesome for a busy mom that hates doing a million dishes. The kids were so excited to see something different. They dug into the potato, which I knew was a sure hit, and then started eating the chili mixture. I knew chili's were too much for them so I only used chili powder. The tofu was seamless and added the needed protein we needed. It was great. They were giving me compliments and chowing down. They are really getting used to this. My next experiment will be to find good lunch box ideas for them. Fast food just seems not nutritious. I like the idea of tofurky, but not for every day use and I am still convincing them that vegetables are there friends. But take my word for it, anybody would like this meal and I felt full without feeling sleepy which was exactly what I was going for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment